We at First Baptist Christian School believe the concepts of a true Christian education are these:
1. God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and Source of truth.
2. This truth is revealed in the Bible and personified in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
3. Education is a Christ-centered, Biblically-integrated process of developing the students spiritually, academically, socially, and physically.
4. The ultimate aim of life is conformity to Christ.
5. The home, the church, and the school should compliment each other, promoting the student’s spiritual, academic, social, and physical growth.
6. At school, the teacher stands in the place of the parent. We are here to serve our parents. Each student is different—motivated and disciplined differently.
7. Education should be for responsibility—to God, to one’s country, to others, and to one’s self.
8. God has given differing abilities to each student. It is the teacher’s responsibility to challenge each student according to his ability and to seek to teach him at his academic level.
1. To prepare children spiritually by instilling in them a love for the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. To prepare children to live successfully.
3. To encourage them to think clearly, logically, and independently.
4. To offer an instructional program that meets the academic needs of children. This does not include those with severe learning disabilities at this point in time.
5. To develop an understanding of the world in which we live and the ability to appreciate and adjust to their environment on the basis of Biblical principles.
6. To achieve mastery in the tools of learning and communication.
7. To develop a Biblical, moral, ethical, and spiritual sense which will aid them in appreciation of their own personal worth and that of others.
8. To develop a sense of responsibility in each child as a Christian and as a citizen.
First Baptist Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). ACSI’s strategic focus is to both encourage and challenge schools and educators in the following ways: to teach Biblical truth effectively; to encourage and promote rigorous intellectual development; to hire and mentor Godly faculty and staff; to provide opportunity for students to reach their potential in Christ; and to demonstrate operational integrity. Currently, the association serves approximately 5350 schools in 100 countries, with a combined enrollment of over 1.3 million.
Please feel free to visit their website at www.acsi.org.
Statement of Faith
...the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21)
...there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
...in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:!1), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
...in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
...in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of condemnation. (John 5:28-29)
...in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
...in the present ministry of the Hold Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16 & 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30 & 5:18)